Saturday, March 27, 2010

THE downswing

In my poker career, I have been extremely lucky. I have had my share of bad beats and bad runs, including losing my whole roll in a matter of days playing stakes way above my bankroll, but I have never had one of those days/weeks in which I lose every pot I play, cant get action on my big hands and just basically run like shit. That all changed yesterday.

I fired up some tables of 100NL rush after class and was looking to play a nice long solid session. That is pretty much the only thing I did right yesterday. During that afternoon the amount of bad beats I suffered was unreal. Every big hand I had either got no action or got sucked out on. Every one of my opponents draws were getting there and I have never seen AK lose to AQ so many times. The final damage was about 7.5 buy ins in the red. I was feeling like crap and took a break.

Later that evening I decided to log back on, determined to win at least some of my money back. My luck, unfortunately did not change and tthe string of bad beats continued just as horrendously as earlier.

I really didnt tilt and I dont think I played too bad, but after the night was through here are the total numbers on the day: 4800 hands, -1368.

Here are some highlights:

























Well, that was fun. So I am now at around 2k in the bankroll and I am back at 50NL rush, blah.

Good luck at the tables!

No comments:

Post a Comment