Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Ridiculously long time no post

Here's a very short recap of the last 2 months since I last posted

-Over winter break I played a bunch of tournaments with my friends Ferocious Kitty and boater2071, overall they didnt really amount to a whole lot.

-Towards the end of break I happened to run like god in a super turbo and come in 4th of 1400 for 600 bucks bringing my roll up to about 1k.

-I goofed around at 25NL and lost about 4 buys ins, down to about 900

-I ran goot once again and cashed a super turbo for 140

-Rush poker was introduced and I won a whole bunch at 6max 25nl bringing my roll up to 1300

-I then proceeded to suck at rush poker and lost back down to 1000

-A nice score in a 8 dollar tournamnt nabbed me 181 bucks for 3rd of 180 and brought be up to 1200

-I recieved massive amounts of rake back, by my standards (77 bucks), and now sit a little less than 1270.

In the past few months I havent been playing as much poker as I normally have, which is due to a number of factors. First, my class schedule isnt as conducive to long grinding periods as my schedule of last semester. Last semester there would be huge blocks of time where I could get in a good 3-4 hours of cash in and call it a day, this semester its pretty rare. This is mainly because my schedule matches up pretty well with my gf's so most of my off time is spent with her, whereas last semester we had totally conflicting schedules which limited hang out time with the gf but made time for poker.

Secondly, I have the LSATs coming up on Saturday and I have been studying for them (especially recently) by doing a bunch of practice tests. Generally when it comes to tests I procrastinate alot, but when it is a test that is going to determine the rest of my life, I take it seriously.

Lastly, and probably most importantly, I am finding it hard to put my A-game into a poker session. I dont know what it is but it causes me to make stupid plays and generally ignore the instincts and knowledge that I have built up over the years. When I dont bring my A-game (or even B game), I tend to lose. And when I lose, I dont wanna play as much. And when I dont play as much I come into sessions rusty etc Its a vicious cycle that I am hoping I can get out of.

I hope to be blogging more often after the LSATs, though I said the same thing two months ago so we'll see.

Good Luck at the tables!!

1 comment:

  1. I don't even know what LSAT's are......=(. but good luck sir!

    ReplyDelete