Monday, October 5, 2009

I Did a Bad Thing

It was bound to happen soon, but that’s no excuse. I told myself that I would only be playing the donks at 100NL HU, but last night (after having a great afternoon in which I won over 4 buy-ins) I got greedy. I opened my PTR buddy list and saw that there was a donk playing at a 3/6 CAP (180 max bet) table. I figured that I could just focus on the donk and try not to get into bad spots with marginal hands. Well, I got on the waitlist and was looking for other games on the side when I got a notice that a seat was open for me in the game. I looked around at the other seats and noticed that I was in fact taking the seat of the donk. That was when the little devil on my shoulder said, “Hey, here’s a chance to make a couple quick bucks”

Wrong-O.

I ended up losing a couple hundred bucks, which led to me trying to chase those losses with any semi-good action I could find. I turned a 400-dollar win day into a 300-dollar loss day. I’m actually pretty lucky that it didn’t go worse. I was down 800 on the day at one point and ran pretty hot towards the end.

It’s pretty clear that my PTR buddy list is both a blessing and a curse. It allows me to find out whether the players I want to play against are available to play, but it also shows me when some bad players are online in games I really shouldn’t be playing in. It’s really tempting to see a big losing player sitting with a full stack at 2/4 deep, but I really cannot afford to be in that game. Not only will a loss kill my bankroll, the stakes of the game will cause me to not play my A-game, so I’m getting hurt on two levels. I need to leave the bigger games alone and stick to what I am solid and comfortable playing. Hopefully I can do so. And to keep me in line, if any of my loyal readers see me at any game with 2/4 blinds or above (I’m pretty comfortable at $1/$2, not enough to make it my regular game but if I want to take a shot against a donk I think that fine) , scream at me in the chat/IM/text/whatever, to up the stakes if you see me at a 2/4 game or above and point it out to me at the time or with a HH, you will win yourself a cool 26 bucks, just enough for anyone to enter a 24+2 tourney and luckbox a win in a giant donkament.

Good luck everyone!

1 comment:

  1. ima find you and take yo monies and win mad monies!
    and also, dont stop chasing donks, cuz u will find one and pwn him for many many ks

    ReplyDelete