Sunday, October 4, 2009

Poker Copilot and Some Interesting Observations

Many of my loyal readers have seen some of the charts I have been putting up, for those who don't know, this all is possible through a program known as Poker Copilot. I have a mac and all of the well known poker tracking programs (Poker Tracker, HEM) are not directly available on macs. Luckily, a great man known as Steve Mcleod took up the task to create a quality tracking program for macs. He has been working on the program for months now and I have seen it grow since some of its earliest stages. The progress he has made is absolutely astounding and the product is incredibly polished and unbelievably helpful. If you are playing poker on a mac and not using Copilot, you are doing yourself a disservice. Poker Copilot helps every player on their opponents, which are like a user's manual for how to dismantle their play. Not only that, but looking at one's own statistics can also be very beneficial: you can see where you are losing money, against who and why. Plugging leaks is one of the most important aspects of poker and this program allows you to do exactly that.

What inspired this blog post was me doing exactly that: looking for leaks. Poker Copilot allows you to see your stats from every position at every stake, so naturally I wanted to see where I was winning and losing my money.

Since starting my HU journey, I always assumed that a majority of my losses came when I was out of position. When I am out of position, I am out of power. I am first to act so I don't have the advantage of knowing what my opponent does on every street. I checked my Copilot and found something extremely surprising. I am winning when OOP and losing when in position.

When I'm on the button:


When I'm in the BB:


I have to sit down and analyze why I am losing much more in position. This can be done through stats reviews and session reviews which will happen during the coming weeks.

Havent played much recently, been watching football all day (Pats win! barely.....)

Good luck everyone!

1 comment: