Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Where I'm at now

So I'm sure many of my loyal readers (Ok, like two of you; you two rock!) are wondering what exactly happened on friday that caused me to blow up like that. The story is actually a pretty simple one. It started on thursday night when I looked on my PTR buddy list and found a bad player sitting at a couple tables of .5/1 HU. I happily sat down and played him for a while. To say this guy had a weird strategy is an understatement. He would have very streaky trends as to his opening amounts on the button: for 10 hands he might min-raise, then 10 hands he'd open to $5, then 10 hands of limping, then 10 hands of opening to 7. It was truly one of the weirdest things I had ever seen. He was pretty aggro when he had it and would cbet/fold turn when he didnt. This would be easily exploitable but his definition of "having it" was much looser than mine, meaning he's go with his hands alot looser than most. This made playing against him difficult because I wasnt sure of the threshold at which my marginal hands became strong again. I also seemed to have terrible luck and only pick up medium to good hands when he had the top of his range. Thursday night I lost almost 8 buy ins. I was pretty bummed but still had over 5k in my account.

Friday afternoon I was thrilled to see the very same guy at multiple tables. I was determined to beat him and was sure that if I picked up some cards occasionally, that I could beat him. Well, I didnt. A combination of tilt, bad cards and an overwhelming need to beat the guy caused me to spew horrendously and lose over 10 buy ins. Needless to say, I was extremely frustrated and disappointed. Only a week prior I had over 7k in my account and now i am stuck with under 4k.

I have no idea what to do now, move down to 50HU, or go back to 6max where I havent been in a while but am confident in my ability to win at.

Thursday and friday were very sobering days and I wouldnt wish them on anyone. I just gotta keep pushing on and grind back what I have worked so hard to accumulate.

Good luck everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment