Thursday, October 1, 2009

Don't Call It a Comeback

So, after what can only be described as a disaster of a week. I came back to FTP determined to play well, game select well and make back alot of the money I had lost. Over the last couple of weeks, in order to help my game selection, I have been PTR-ing as many players in the 100NL HU games as I can. I look at their stats and give them a colored note which denotes their skill (not an exact measure of skill but I can usually assume a big winner is good and a big loser is bad).

I really only like to play those that are marked green, which equates to a big loser, but occasionally I get restless and play some people who are unmarked (dont have enough info to say) or yellow (either a winner at 100NL and loser at 200NL OR a slight winner at 100NL). Over the past two days I have only been playing green marked foes, and it has helped ALOT. I even trusted some of my notes enough to follow some of them to 200NL (probably a bad move, but I knew I could beat the guy). I used to feel bad about employing bum hunting as a legitimate strategy, but I realized that I am trying to make money in this game not prove I am the best, so bumhunting it is! Im back up to 6.3k and looking up. I really have to make sure I dont get too cocky, but if I dont, and I run fairly well, Ill be back to where I once was.

Here's a graph of my last 2 days (WARNING: May induce boner)



Good luck everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment