Friday, October 2, 2009

Screw Psych and Poli Sci, at WashU I'm studying Bumhunting

In my last post I declared that I will only be playing against opponents that I have labeled as donks. Not just donks, but super donks. Well, I sat down this evening with the intention of only finding the worst players and taking off a couple stacks.

I did exactly that.

I found 3 different players who I had labeled green on my Full Tilt notes and player them across 4 tables. I had played some of them before so I had already developed some very useful reads that I used to exploit my opponents. I ran very well, hitting alot of my draws but a lot of my money didnt come from hands where my draws hit. I did however miss a lot of value in this session, which is definitely a leak I need to plug. I had at least 8-10 hands where I was OOP, and I check called the flop and turn with a strong hand. I then hoped my opponent would shove the river but realistically he isnt doing so without a premium hand. I should be putting out some bets to get value from hands that will call but not necessarily shove.

All in all, I finished my session this evening up a little over 4 buy ins. I am also proud to say that including my tournament dollars, I am now back to 7k. Wow, that was fast; I guess variance works in strange ways.

Good luck everyone!

1 comment:

  1. yay tootsy.

    variance blows. it made me walk into a trashcan today :(

    ReplyDelete